Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lara satisfied with win

Here's what Brian Lara had to say following the West Indies opening World Cup win against Pakistan.

On the efforts of the team's young players:
"I think it was important they seized the moment. We said this was not a World Cup for the experienced players and we would be tapping on the shoulders of the younger players to win this World Cup."

On how well the side played:
"I think we played pretty well in the batting department. Marlon (Samuels) put us back in the game and Dwayne (Smith) at the end in his partnership with Corey (Collymore). We're happy with that."

"I was satisfied after the start we had and thought the guys played really well in the last 10 overs."

"The bowling was a very good team effort. We used just five bowlers and they all did very well."

And in regards to support from the home crowd:
"It was great to have the support we had (from the crowd) and our confidence will now be sky-high. We may have to come down a few levels over the next few days."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have been following your blog for some time and you seem to be doing fairly well. I have added you to my blogroll. Since I am a new Blogger, Kindly have a look at my blog as well and leave your feedback. A link-back would be appriciated.

http://swapnil.ej.am/bog